General Petroleum Oil Tools
The Business Outcomes
- The business was able to maintain its ISO9001 certification.
- The productivity and profitability of the business improved.
- Reliability of the operation of General Petroleum Oil Tool’s IT systems greatly improved.
- Issues were resolved faster and there was greater availability of technical resources.
- Support became more pro-active and the number of issues decreased.
- Staff were able to become more mobile and work from remote locations.
- General Petroleum Oil tools were able to focus their IT spend in areas that would improve the business, rather than just seeing them as something that kept the business running, and were able to budget effectively for their IT expenditure.
In August 2014 we received an enquiry from General Petroleum Oil Tools. They were looking to engage a new IT provider as they felt they had outgrown their existing provider and were not getting the service they needed.
At the time, General Petroleum Oil Tools were dealing with many IT challenges, including:
- Unreliable and poor response times from their existing IT provider for issues.
- A slow internet connection impacting staff access to critical customer applications and a delay in monitoring customer systems.
- Inadequate systems' security.
- Failing backups.
- Lots of email spam.
- The inability to implement new solutions that would help the business become more efficient.
General Petroleum Oil Tools was an evolving business and needed IT systems and IT support that were reliable, responsive and secure. They asked Surety IT if we could help them with their existing challenges and develop a strategy to support a bigger and better future.
We said yes!
To address the challenges and issues, we implemented our solutions path – a proven process of insight and action that sees us: understand, plan, build, maintain, enhance.
We took a very collaborative and consultative approach and by clearly understanding the issues and challenges that General Petroleum Oil Tools were facing, we were able to plan and build the right solution for them that delivered the outcomes they needed.
The process also allowed us to explain our approach to Sam and the other key stakeholders in a way that they understood and could visualise.
The solution and support was tailored specifically for General Petroleum Oil Tools. It was reliable, responsive and flexible.
Key aspects of the overall solution were -
- We provided a tailored IT strategy and IT road map that detailed agreed upon priorities, budgets, timescales and responsibilities over a 3 year period.
- Designed and implemented a suitable backup strategy.
- Improved security around critical information assets and IT systems.
- Improved connectivity to the internet, allowing staff to securely access information easily and in a timely manner.
- Provided a tailored support solution that catered for General Petroleum Oil Tools unique needs.
- Fully documented General Petroleum Oil Tool’s IT infrastructure and made the documentation available for the business.
- Are still the 'one number to call' for the business in terms of IT support for third party applications.
- Have continued to work in collaboration with General Petroleum Oil Tool’s stakeholders to re-visit the IT strategy, develop it and further refine it as the business move forward and continues to evolve and grow.
Attitude and reliability have been excellent. The relationships that my team have been able to form with key people inside the helpdesk as well as key technical people has been excellent. It's been a really positive engagement."
Sam Cavallaro - Managing Director, General Petroleum Oil Tools