Is there a ghost in your network?
Watch the video above to see how this person amazingly vanished - is there information vanishing from your network without you even knowing?
Corporate hacking is becoming more and more widespread. Recently there was an ABC Four Corners program about how serious hacking has become with government departments and businesses being targeted..
Small and medium businesses are at risk as well. They are the easy targets because they have less money and resources to protect themselves and some have the attitude: "It'll never happen to us".
Ask yourself these critical questions:
- Have we got confidential information or intellectual property to protect? Is it protected?
- Would any of the information we hold be of value to someone else?
- Whose information am I holding?
- Do we hold financial information or customer payment details?
Hacking is no longer just used for malicious purposes; it's used to get a competitive advantage. It's used to steal important information and designs and it’s not just the big companies that get targeted.
Here are 5 tips that will help against hacking:
- Install a firewall to protect your perimeter network
- Ensure business grade anti-virus software is installed on every desktop, laptop and server
- Ensure you've got a suitable anti- spam solution installed to protect you against malicious emails
- Educate your staff so that they are aware of the risks and their responsibilities
- Ensure that your premises and computer hardware are secure
Information is the lifeblood of your business and you've worked so hard to get it, don't let it go without a fight!
About the Author
Geoff Stewart is a highly experienced and skilled Technology Director at Surety IT. His knowledge is based on years of industry experience
having created customised, stable, well performing systems both for multi-national companies in the UK and Australia and Surety IT
Surety IT can help you create the right system to enhance your business, ensuring you know how it is right for you and how to use it. We will tailor a solution to suit your needs with leading systems, local support and more, building your vision for a more flexible and capable business.