Sunnybank Community And Sports Club
Sunnybank Community and Sports Club was experiencing major technology issues with their backend office IT systems and this was impacting their business.
Some of the challenges included:
- poor reliability and performance of the network shares on the server and inability for users to access them
- unreliability of backups and inability to restore data
- the use of the Windows XP machine as a file server
- slow internet
- no Windows domain in place for managing users or Windows security
- anti-virus had not been updated on the server since 2011
- inadequate UPS protecting the XP file server and POS server
- a legacy network switch which was potentially adding to the slowness issues
- the existing IP addressing was causing major issues with other devices.
To address the project challenges and issues, we implemented our solutions path – a proven process of insight and action that sees us: understand, plan, build, maintain, enhance (Repeatable).
By clearly understanding the issues and challenges that the Sunnybank Community and Sports Club were facing, we were able to plan and build the right solution for them.
The solution we built was tailored specifically for the club. After an in-depth investigation we recommended they move to a new Windows-based server and Tier 1 server hardware with a three-year on-site warranty.
We built a reliable, tailor-made solution that provided users good performance and stability to critical systems.
We ensured that backups were consistently taken and that regular test restores were performed so that in the event of any data loss the club was protected.
We installed a UPS to protect all critical equipment in the computer room and a new in-warranty network switch to provide faster network access for office staff.
To address the challenges of the existing IP network, we recommended to the club that this be changed and that we co-ordinate all of the other suppliers to ensure that all network devices, including security cameras, point-of-sale terminals and touchscreen consoles, were switched across.
We also created a new tailor-made IT support program Sure[Net] that met the club’s requirements, this included all phone support and online work required at a fixed monthly cost. This allowed us to proactively manage the new environment, ensure that everything was running consistently and reliably and that there was an engineer available to quickly respond if any issues arose.
As part of this managed services program, we continue to help with technology strategy, provide advice on any technology related-projects and are the club’s “one number to call” for issues.
- The club has experienced no downtime since the new solution was implemented.
- They have benefited from increased systems reliability and stability.
- There has been increased security and protection of critical files.
- Better business continuity.
- Faster network access.
- The fixed monthly cost ensures budgeting is easy.
- The system has the flexibility and capacity to grow.